Who are we?
Walls of Hope was initiated by a group of friends who have been brought together by their common attachment to the Philippine Children’s Medical Center. We were once patients, students and visitors of PCMC who have been inspired by the wall murals found around the hospital (esp. Gloria Villaraza Guzman’sMunting Patak-ulan).
What is Walls of Hope?
Most of the wall paintings in the hospital have already deteriorated or have been lost due to time. Walls of Hope is our way of giving back to the hospital that once catered to the health needs of our generation back when we were young. This is our attempt to help bring back the hope that the hospital walls has been known to give to its patients and to help sustain it to be experienced by future generations. The presence of these colorful murals is a powerful way of relieving stress and easing the hearts and minds of its visitors.
It is a 3-day event scheduled to happen on December 19-21, 2009. Volunteers are not required to be present during the whole duration of the event – even just an hour of your time already means a lot to us! The goal is to finish painting the whole first floor of the hospital in 3 days!
How can YOU help?
- Donate money: WOH needs to raise enough funds to cover paint costs and food expenses for volunteers. Whatever extra money that the project raises will be donated to the PCMC Cancer ward. Monetary donations will be coursed through the PCMC bank account for Walls of Hope. You can e-mail us at pcmc.wallsofhope@ gmail.com for more details on how you can contribute to making WOH happen.
- Donate lead-free paint: WOH also accepts lead-free paint donations. Any color will be highly valued but white would be most preferred (for base coats). Send us a message so that we can arrange a pick up point that’s convenient to you.
- Volunteer: Artists and non-artists are welcome!
- Kindly complete the WOH registration form (http://www. filehosting. org/file/ details/74532/ WOH_Volunteer_ Registration. doc ) and email it to pcmc.wallsofhope@ gmail.com by December 5, 2009.
- After you send us your registration information, we will be sending you your copy of the WOH volunteer guide.
- Walk-ins are allowed but only pre-registered volunteers will be given the Walls of Hope Baller ID.
- We will provide all the volunteers with free parking at PCMC during the duration of the event.
- Help spread the word!:
What are your perks?
- Invite people to the WOH Facebook event page: http://www.facebook .com/event. php?eid=17548049 2721&ref=mf
- Forward this email to your family and friends!
- Blog about Walls of Hope!
- Follow the WOH tumblr account!
All volunteers and donors are invited to the Walls of Hope Art Exhibit and Ribbon-cutting event to be held on December 22, 2009 at PCMC and Pre-registered volunteers will be receiving the WOH Baller ID.But most importantly, by donating and volunteering for Walls of Hope, you get to bring back the hope that the hospital walls has been known to give to its patients and help sustain it to be experienced by generations to come!For more information:
Thank you and we hope that you will join us in giving color to the lives of children this Christmas!– WOH Team—Re-posting a friend’s email.It’s for a good cause!